Photo Credit: Thorn Yang
In the present time, stress and anxiety have become quite common. People are constantly under the pressure from work, studies, or life in general. However, instead of seeking help from a professional, people often tend to turn towards short-term methods as a coping mechanism.
Mental health has been quite a taboo for a really long time. It is an irony that people take physical health problems quite seriously but when they face any mental health issues, they hesitate to reach out for proper treatment.
Although there are various studies that suggest many people have a misconception about vaping not being hazardous to their health, that’s not true. It is, in fact, less harmful than smoking or even passive smoking.
Many smokers tend to believe that smoking relieves them in a heightened state of stress. But, on the other hand, nicotine is just a way of temporary relief with a long list of unhealthy effects. It adds up to the level of stress, anxiety and causes depression as an after effect.
Cannabidiol, also known as CBD, comes from cannabis plants, is believed to heal many chronic diseases with balanced consumption but should not be used without proper knowledge. There is a diversion between people who choose to use it the old way and those who are preferring to inhale it through the method of vaping.
Photo Credit: Tree of Life Seeds
Vaping has become a common alternative to smoking. Vaping is the process of inhaling vapor instead of smoke using e-cigarettes or other similar devices that lets one breathe nicotine or other drugs in the form of vapor rather than smoke.
It may not be the best idea to pick up smoking again. You may want to switch to vaping if you are trying to decrease your stress and anxiety and there are a few ways in which vaping can be helpful for some. You just need to gather all the information before reaching a conclusion.
Vaping has been a choice of many as it can be used discreetly and is a no-fuss activity. Apart from your vaping device, all you need to make sure is to have your vape pen battery in place and you are good to go.
For the people who are switching to vaping, companies are also coming up with better products to cater to their needs. 510 thread cartridge that are pre-filled can be used with vape pens for more efficiency.
7 ways Vaping can help reduce stress and anxiety:
- Alternative for smokers: Vaping has become quite popular among many as it helps in relaxing the mind and body of the user immediately. And to lead a happy life in general people want to be happy and relaxed. Those who are trying to quit smoking often find vaping as an appealing substitute. Many people who were active smokers in the past have switched to vaping and would vouch for it as it is a much better option.
Photo Credit: Eduardo Lempo
- Helps in coping with unhealthy habit patterns: People who are suffering from withdrawal symptoms of smoking find vaping as their only savior. It helps with unhealthy diet cravings, sleep patterns due to raised levels of tension, and binge patterns. There are various flavored vaping products are available in the market to choose from so that you don’t have to struggle with other diets and health problems in the longer run.
- Quick relief: In case a person who has a history of anxiety disorder needs to avoid any recurring or unforeseen panic attack, vaping can be really helpful. It works really quickly and is probably the fastest way to calm your nerves in case you have a history of smoking or vaping.
- Better Sleep cycle: Anxiety often disturbs one’s sleep cycle and ends up being another cause of adding to the levels of stress and anxiety. Here, vaping can come to the rescue by immediately relaxing your nerves and contributing to a good night’s sleep. Getting proper sleep can help in getting rid of various other health problems. Vaping doesn’t have to be done in an allocated area or doesn’t create smoke, so it is hassle-free as well.
Photo credit: Eko Aldi Romadhan
- Cheaper alternative: It is more cost-effective as compared to cigarettes and better than smoking any day. Spending too much money on something that you know isn’t helping in the betterment of your health but is an unfavorable habit, that can raise the levels of stress. And this can become another cause of the high rise in anxiety.
- May help with injuries: Vaping CBD is believed to manage shooting pains and managing neuropathic pain. It is also believed to help with anti-inflammation, seizures and even have a direct effect on anxiety disorder. It is not certain as of now but CBD could have some antioxidant properties. Despite its few health benefits that may seem inviting, you should be aware that quality and quantity control is crucial here.
- Prudent device: Vaping is not smoking and thus doesn’t carry the same taboo related to smokers. It is usually not even noticed by many and hence is less likely to be disliked by people as much. People who are vaping don’t have to adhere to other people’s judgments and are saved from one other reason to lift their levels of tension.